We will be seeking enthusiastic, people-oriented individuals. These ministry volunteers will be people of faith, who want to give of their precious time and talents in order to educate and inform visitors.
Typical tours will be one-to-two hours in length and focus on Cathedral history, art, architecture and theology. Docents will learn and then teach about Oakland's magnificent house of worship.
Who is this ministry volunteer?
- Commit to two years of docent service; be available to serve at least eight hours each month
- Outgoing, enthusiastic communicators who will engage visitors, instructing and answering questions
- Lifelong learners, willing to participate in on-going enrichment opportunities for docents
- Attentive to the needs of a diverse population of all nationalities, backgrounds and abilities.
- Multi-lingual volunteers are strongly encouraged.
How to Get Involved
- To register, complete the application
- After selection, attend and complete orientation and successfully complete the docent training program
For More Information:
Please contact Leo Keegan.